The Cultural Evolution Society is committed to a broad, pluralistic and interdisciplinary perspective, which brings together all researchers applying evolutionary theory to the understanding of cultural inheritance and evolution. Membership is open to all who share this as a basic research, teaching, or applied interest.
Who should join the CES?
- Academic professionals, scholars, graduate students, and undergraduate students from any discipline relevant to cultural evolution. We especially encourage the next generation of scientists to become involved.
- Anyone (professional or nonprofessional) who is trying to accomplish positive cultural change in the real world and who would like to base their efforts on a rigorously scientific cultural evolutionary theory.
- Anyone (professional or nonprofessional) with an intellectual interest in cultural evolutionary theory who would like to get involved and support this rapidly maturing field.
- We are especially eager for our members to come from all cultures around the world—an appropriate ideal for a Cultural Evolution Society!
Benefits of becoming a member include;
- Create a member profile and access the member directory
- Receive news and announcements about society activities
- Vote in elections and participate in management of the society
- Early-bird registration and discounts on future conferences and events
- Access to member forums and working groups
- Ability to promote and view opportunities on our job board
- View upcoming events organized by our members
- The Full Membership is for active professionals in full-time employment (1 year: $45 / €40 / £35; 3 years: $112 / €100 / £88)
- The Student Membership is for those who are currently pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a higher-education institution (full-time or part-time) (1 year: $25 / €20 / £18; 3 years: $62 / €50 / £45)
- The Concessions Membership is for those who are retired, unemployed or underemployed as judged on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Treasurer or Secretary beforehand to check eligibility. (1 year: $25 / €20 / £18; 3 years: $62 / €50 / £45)
- The Developing Countries Membership is for all those (professional, student or concessions) who are based in a developing country as defined by the International Monetary Fund. (1 year: $25 / €20 / £18; 3 years: $62 / €50 / £45)
If you wish to pay membership fees for someone other than yourself, please pay using the Paypal buttons below using your details and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the name and email address of the person joining, and we will make sure the records are correct. Thanks!